Friday, April 10, 2009

Raw Gratitude

Barbara and I met up at lunch time for a bike ride/picnic today. It was so nice to just pack our bikes with some containers from the our raw swap and a few pieces of fruit and go ride. We didn't have to make anything special, it was already DONE thanks to our swap. We enjoyed a very nice mid-ride picnic of wholesome nutrient dense food. Seeing her young son enjoying the food made me smile and gave me a feeling of hope. I felt this thing we are doing to be more profound. The joy and connection we have with this amazing food is bigger than us the participants. It spreads to our families and those we interact with. I realized today it's not just about the great and convenient health sustaining food we lovingly make and share but connection and friendship. I was really filled with gratitude today. Just wanted to share that thought. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this rich and meaningful post, Cindy! Every week my son has really been enjoying the various foods you all have lovingly prepared and I get this giddy little feeling whenever I see him gobble it up. I feel good knowing that he is eating quality food prepared by people who truly care. -- Barbara

    ReplyDelete